Important Message from Urological Consultants of Florida with Respect to the COVID-19 Pandemic
During these unprecedented and challenging times, the doctors and staff here at Urological Consultants of Florida have made it our priority to be available and keep our offices open to safely care for our patients with urological conditions. Please understand that these conditions do not go away even though the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is the main challenge facing the medical community at this time.
We are fully committed to helping our patients manage their urological conditions in a safe and clean environment. We have instituted numerous safety and screening measures including:
- Strict screening of all patients coming to the office. Any patient with a fever, cought, new onset respiratory symptoms, sudden loss of taste or smell, new onset diarrhea, known exposure to another person with Coronavirus, or the patient them self with COVID-19, is not being seen in our office at this time. These patients can be evaluated for their urological care via telemedicine or referred to the appropriate health care setting to manage their Covid symptoms.
- We have decreased the number of patients that can be seen in our office at one time. Patients are no longer waiting close together in the waiting room, but rather as soon as our patients’ check in, they are immediately brought into an exam room or an isolated area of the waiting room.
- We are asking our adult patients to come to the office by themselves. We ask that you leave family members and children at home. A single caregiver or family member is permitted to accompany a patient when the patient requires assistance.
- We are asking patients who are scheduled for appointments to try to be as timely as possible for their appointments to help us minimize traffic in the waiting room.
- Each exam room is disinfected daily and throughout the day. All surfaces, handles and doorknobs are wiped down with a disinfectant spray or wipe.
- Cystoscopy procedures are still being performed when urgent and indicated. Vasectomy procedures can be performed with the physician wearing an N95 mask and the patient wearing a mask along with a surgical sheet separating the two (like during a C section).
- We require that all patients to wear a mask to the office.
- We are asking patients to maintain a “social distance” with the front desk upon arrival and checking out. We have tape on the floor as a marker to help designate where to stand. This will minimize exposure for our front desk and check out staff.
- All staff members at Urological Consultants of Florida – receptionists, billers, medical assistants, nurses and physicians are wearing a mask while in the office.
- We now offer telemedicine visits as another safe alternative to follow-up with your doctors. These virtual visits are done through a secure video-audio platform that is compatible with most smart phones and computers with cameras. For patients without computers with video capability or smart phones, an appointment can be accomplished via a traditional phone call. These appointments can be scheduled by calling the office or visiting our website.
Our goal at Urological Consultants of Florida remains the same during these difficult and unprecedented times – “Do the right thing for our patients.” We want to make sure that our patients are still being taken care of and have access to the best health care possible. Patient safety and health remains our top priority.
We want to thank you for continuing to trust us with the most important responsibility of providing healthcare for yourself and family. Please stay safe and we will all get through this together.
-The staff at Urological Consultants of Florida